We here at Magers and Quinn are very pleased to help sponsor the Sumner Library Used Book Sale. Please stop by Saturday, October 27 between the hours of 10 and 4 for wonderful book deals, most priced $1.00 or less. They will also have hundreds of DVDs and CDs.
611 Van White Memorial Blvd. Minneapolis, MN. 612-543-6875
A little bit about Sumner Library from their website:
A significant architectural and cultural landmark since 1915, Sumner Library was freshly renovated and expanded in 2004. It’s now a state-of-the-art, fully accessible library with a strong collection of books, media, and community resources.
The new adult reading room blends in with the historic building, which features restored original woodwork and furnishings. The library is named for Charles Sumner, a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts who was an outspoken abolitionist. With expanded space on the lower level for programs and literacy tutoring, the library is a community focal point and important gathering place where people meet, learn, research, and read.
· Built 1915
· Expanded in 1927, 1939, and 2004
· Minneapolis Historic Preservation Commission historic designation and listed on National Register of Historic Places
· Two levels; 14, 600 sq. ft.; parking lot entered from 7th Ave.
Sedimentary by Seitu Jones and George Roberts highlighting cultural heritage through wood and words.
· Gary N. Sudduth African American History and Culture Collection
· Cargill Room and Nellie Stone Johnson Room for gatherings
· North Side Learning Center provides tutoring program in lower level.