Things are shaping up for M+Q’s participation in the upcoming Soap Factory exhibit, Common Room. Common Room will be a temporary curated gathering space within The Soap Factory designed to facilitate interactivity and the blurring of the boundaries between curators, performers and audience, all within in a casual, living room-esque environment.
We were invited to curate some community gatherings around the subject of books. And here’s what we have on tap.
For you artsy types who join us for our Granta Magazine release party on August 19th, we’ll have:
- A presentation by Emily Cook on literary hoaxes, which may or may not include slides.
- 5-minute book reports by author Alison McGhee and M+Q’s Jay Peterson (that’s me).
- A literary trivia challenge with Brad Zellar.
- A presentation by Eric Hanson titled “When Ted met Sylvia.” The working subtitle is “excerpts from Eric Hanson’s birthday miscellany on crossed paths and bypaths of
literary and historical figures.”
And, on August 11th, for our faithful Books and Bars Book Club attendees, we’ll have:
- Giant Mad Libs!
- An Exquisite Corpse writing game!
- Writing contests!
- And more surprise fun!
Check back for more updates!–Jay P